Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Must be 'catch up' day.......

I have actually been knitting......but mostly I have been 'finishing up'...finally the Red Riding Hoods are all ready to be wrapped!  After all there were only 5.......we won't count the extra one that was made...it was a tad bit small.....but someone will come along that it will fit perfectly. I tried to find different shades of red for each......but in the middle of June.....there isn't much Christmasy red out there........and of course I added the large button that says "GramMa Alice" at the neck!

I also finally found 5 different fairy tale books with the Red Riding Hood story inside......you wouldn't think that would be so hard.  'Red' isn't as popular as she once was....

While looking around I found a few UFOs... this little pink sweater that had been patiently waiting for a button closure.  I added a large snap under to hold the neckline together......do this on baby things so the button holes don't get stretched out of shape.....

Now for the latest knitting.......We  have a NEW Great Grand Son on the way so GramMa had to get a blanket ready.......this was a fast knit......really!  Garter and Stockenette squares are really fast...
I found this Peacock Red Heart Love yarn and knew it was just the ticket.........only took 2 1/2 skeins..so have enough to make up another to have 'in holding' for the next family addition......


And since Journey (9 year old going on 16) has joined the tumblers........she really needed leg warmers.....seems blue was the suggested color!  I found a Hobby Lobby brand......Yarn Bee Fetching......it has just a bit of glittery bling to it..........

I am still coming across a few UFOs that just needed that little bit done.........one is a scarf that I knitted up last year about this time......it is next on the list.......

No comments:

Post a Comment